King George Optimist Fleet
The Optimist Fleet is targeted at children aged 7 to 13 years of age and the sailing runs on a Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday evening (Tuesday evenings to start in May 2020).
- Aimed at those new to, or just starting in, the sport (subject to the further guidance below)
- The club provides the boat (Optimist) and a lifejacket, as required
- Courses are run by RYA instructors
- Children will need a wetsuit (ideally 3mm thickness), non slip shoes and hat/ spray top depending on the weather
- Children should be able to swim at least 25m unaided
- The children should be prepared to get wet and bring a change of clothes. Changing facilities/ showers available
- A parent/ guardian MUST remain on site for the duration of the session
- All prices include child membership
- Places are limited. Email email@example.com to make a booking
Saturday Morning (9.30-12.30) – starting 25th April 2020:
- Spring term: 25/04 to 23/05. Cost is £100 (if you own your own boat this is reduced to £50)
- Summer term one: 06/06 to 27/06. Cost is £80 (own boat £40)
- Summer term two: 04/07 to 25/07. Cost is £80 (own boat £40)
Sunday morning Half Day (9.30-12.30) and Full Day option (9.30-16.00):
Sunday sessions are aimed at sailors with experience (around Stage 2 or above) and those looking to learn to race.
- Spring term: 26/04 to 24/05 (excludes 17th May). Half Day cost £100 (if you own your own boat this is reduced to £75). Full Day £150 (own boat £100)
- Summer term one: 07/06 to 28/06. Half Day cost £80 (own boat £60). Full Day £120 (own boat £80)
- Summer term two: 05/07 to 26/07. Half Day cost £80 (own boat £60). Full Day £120 (own boat £80)
Tuesday Evening (19.00-20.30):
An evening of fun, friendship and evening races! Note, you must have completed one full term of training (or have reached Stage 2 or above) before entering.
- A child can attend the Saturday even if they are Stage 2. Ideally, children should attend the correct day for their level.
Nothing from March 29, 2020 to September 29, 2021.